Join us for the 7th Annual Book Passage Children’s Writers & Illustrators Conference. The Conference will cover all aspects of writing and illustrating for children—from developing ideas to honing skills to finding a publisher. Participants will work closely with other writers and illustrators, as well as with agents, editors, and publishers. The conference is designed to meet the differing needs of those who create for different age groups. Participants will choose an area of emphasis for the morning sessions, such as writing for picture books, early readers, young adult books or illustration, and then work with a teacher in a workshop setting. In the afternoon, participants choose from panels of common interest, such as working with editors, working with agents, marketing and promotion. There will be many opportunities for faculty and participants to talk, laugh, and exchange ideas in classes, lunches, and at evening events.
- Shirin Yim Bridges, award-winning author and publisher of children’s books
- Andrea Alban, author of nine books including the YA novel Anya’s War
- Julie Downing, internationally published author and illustrator
- Daniel Harmon, Editorial Director of Zest Books
- Amy Novesky, independent children’s book editor, creative director, and co-founder of Ever After Studio
- Left Coast Writers® Founder, Linda Watanabe McFerrin
Left Coast Writers® receive a 10% discount on their registration fee, so be sure to let them know you are a member!