Southern Sampler Artists’ Colony: Words and Rhythm – High Notes in the Lowcountry
Write . . . Embrace Music . . . Create Art . . . Relish Culinary Delights . . . Set your Pace to a Gullah Geechee Beat while Celebrating the Charleston New Renaissance.
• Writing workshops taught by award-winning author, LINDA WATANABE MCFERRIN, as well as individual consults on your literary and creative projects and an opportunity to contribute to the next SOUTHERN SAMPLER anthology.
• HARLAN GREENE, author and historian extraordinaire, introduces the Charleston Renaissance. Discover how Charleston “reinvented” itself in the 1920’s.
• Swing low at THE MEZZ: A lunch and jazz concert with THE CHARLESTON JAZZ INITIATIVE, QUENTIN BAXTER and his quintet.
• Share perspectives with MARY EDNA FRASER, internationally renowned aerial photographer and batik artist. See Mary Edna’s exhibit at City Gallery and create a collective art project at her studio. Music by the Lime and the Coconuts is guaranteed to provide a glorious toe-tapping nale.
• THE GULLAH LADY, aka Sharon Cooper-Murray, and Captain Anton present a new twist on a Tidal Adventure. Prepare to be surprised!
• A Literary Walking Tour through historic Charleston, led by HARLAN GREENE. Discover where legendary writers, such as DuBose Heyward, lived and worked, catch a Lowcountry creative breeze, and celebrate stories embellished in time.
• Music Café Evening: A potluck of food, wine, friends and, of course, music in the lovely historic home of Charleston friends. It’ll be a celebration of notes and rhythm like no other.
• Farm to Plate Supper: A gastronomical adventure hosted by renowned chef and chocolatier, DAVID VAGASKY, and horticulturist, JIM MARTIN. (more…)