West Marin Review, a literary and art journal sponsored by the Tomales Bay Library Association and Point Reyes Books, is now accepting submissions of literary works and visual art for the 2010 volume. Submissions should be of previously unpublished work. Members of the Review’s steering committee and review boards may not submit works. Submissions for Volume 3 must be postmarked no later than October 7, 2009.
1. Prose (fiction and nonfiction) or poetry: Submit written works on 8 1/2” x 11” loose (unbound, unstapled, unclipped) pages. These pages should not show your name or address. Submit prose and poetry using 12-point type, in either Times New Roman or Courier, with one-and-a-half-line spacing. (Remember, no name or address on these pages.) Please number prose pages. Note: Written submissions will not be returned.
- Longer prose pieces: up to 6,000 words
- Shorter prose pieces: up to 800 words
- Poems: up to 25 lines per poem (up to 3 poems may be submitted)
2. Visual art: Submit an individual piece or up to 4 works of art. Works must be submitted as good quality color prints on 8-1/2” x 11” hard copy. (Note: Art selected for publication will require a hi-resolution scan, 300 dpi, sized no less than 8-1/2” x 11”.) Please note: If you wish art materials returned, please provide a SASE of adequate size with sufficient postage.
3. On a SEPARATE sheet than your submission(s), include a cover page with your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number, and the title of each work enclosed. Remember NOT to put identifying information on the work itself. The cover page will be removed and a number assigned; submissions will be reviewed anonymously by an editorial committee of West Marin writers, editors, and artists.
4. Submissions should be mailed to: West Marin Review, c/o Tomales Bay Library Association, P.O. Box 984, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956
Compensation for published material will be in the form of two copies of West Marin Review.