Write . . . Embrace Music . . . Create Art . . . Relish Culinary Delights . . . Set your Pace to a Southern beat while Celebrating the Charleston New Renaissance.
• Writing workshops taught by award-winning author, LINDA WATANABE MCFERRIN, as well as individual consults on your literary and creative projects and an opportunity to contribute to the next SOUTHERN SAMPLER anthology.
• HARLAN GREENE, author and historian extraordinaire at the College of Charleston, introduces the Charleston Renaissance. Discover how Charleston “reinvented” itself in the 1920’s.
• Swing low at THE MEZZ: A lunch and special jazz concert with THE CHARLESTON JAZZ INITIATIVE, QUENTIN BAXTER and his quintet.
• Share perspectives with MARY EDNA FRASER, internationally renowned aerial photographer and batik artist. See Mary Edna’s exhibit at City Gallery and create a collective art project at her studio. Music by the Lime and the Coconuts is guaranteed to provide a glorious toe-tapping finale.
• THE GULLAH LADY, aka Sharon Cooper-Murray, and Captain Anton will take you to sea and present a new twist on a Tidal Adventure. Prepare to be surprised!
• Take a Literary Walking Tour through historic Charleston with HARLAN GREENE. Discover where legendary writers, such as DuBose Heyward, lived and worked, catch a Lowcountry creative breeze, and celebrate stories embellished in time.
• Music Café Evening: A potluck of food, wine, friends and, of course, music in the lovely historic home of Charleston friends. Wether you’re dancing the shag or the Charleston that night or simply soaking up the musical vibes, it’ll be a celebration of notes and rhythm like no other.
• Farm to Plate Supper: Be prepared for a gastronomical adventure hosted by renowned chef and chocolatier, DAVID VAGASKY, and popular (more…)